Buying shoes online, or buying anything online these days has become big business. Buying shoes presents a unique problem in that most people do not know their shoe size. Guessing or estimating your shoe size is not a great option, because if the shoes you order do not fit properly you are then forced to send them back.
If you have searched the pages of this site for various foot ailments, you have probably become acutely aware that poor fitting shoes are a major cause of foot and ankle problems.
Buying shoes online offers the consumer a large selection of shoes particularly for those of you who live in remote areas, plus the ability to buy many shoes at a discount compared to what you find in stores. Many times "hard to find shoes" are only available online.
To this end we have put together simple instructions to measure your own foot size. Additionally, we have included a list of the major online shoe retailers, as well as links to their sites.
We encourage you to bookmark this page! and return any time you are in the market for new shoes.
follow these simple instructions:
1. You should always measure your foot at the end of the day when your feet are their most swollen
2. Take a blank sheet of paper and place it on the floor, avoid carpeted areas
3. Stand on the paper and bear full weight. Take a pencil and mark the back of the heel. Mark the longest toe. For most it will be the big toe, for others it may be the second toe or even the third toe.
4. Mark the widest part of the foot
5. Do this for both feet. If you have trouble standing and reaching your feet, then you may either ask someone to mark your foot for you or as an alternate approach, you may sit in a chair with you feet flat on the floor, bearing pressure on your feet, and then mark the paper yourself. If you do not put pressure on your feet, your foot does not flatten out to its maximum and your measurement will be off.
6. Now measure the distance between the back and front of your feet and record the measurement on a piece of paper. Next measure the distance between the inside and outside of your feet, at their widest part, and record the measurement on the piece of paper.
7. Using the sizing chart below find the length on your foot on the left hand column. If your feet are different sizes, use the longer foot to determine your size. Once you have found your shoe size, look at columns A,B or C to determine your width. Again, use your widest foot to determine your width. You now have your size and width.
8. As a general rule, if your length or width fall between two choices, choose the larger size or width.
NOTE: in this chart the length of the child's foot is measured in centimeters, not inches. To convert: 2.54 centimeters = 1 inch. So, if your child's foot measures nine inches, multiply 9 by 2.54 which would equal 23 cm.
Jan 27, 22 07:37 PM
In general terms, localized arthritic flare ups in the foot are best treated by a podiatrist, while systemic arthritic conditions are best treated by a rheumatologist. It is important to note that the…
Jan 25, 22 02:39 PM
Ingrown toenails may be removed in two different ways. The first is to just remove the ingrown portion of the nail leaving the rest of the nail intact. Doing this will relieve the pain from the ingrow…
Jan 24, 22 01:23 PM
Since nail does not repair itself you will have to wait for the nail to go through a complete growth cycle. At some point the back end of the split will grow forward enough and you will be able to cut…
Jan 21, 22 10:42 AM
I will make the assumption that you are reasonably young and not a diabetic. A wound on the back of the heel in an otherwise healthy individual may not close for a couple of reasons. The first is from…
Jan 20, 22 10:40 AM
There is no one size fits all answer to your question simply because each nail may leave remnants on the nail bed that are hard to eliminate. For example nails removed on the smaller toes, in general…
Jan 19, 22 06:40 PM
Tennis star Rafael Nadal has been suffering from a somewhat rare condition on his left foot, on and off for close to 16 years. More recently he was forced to take five months off from his grueling sch…
Jan 19, 22 10:12 AM
When taking oral Lamisil for nail fungus there are a couple of points worth mentioning. The first is whether or not you have the type of growth underneath your nails that Lamisil will respond to. Lami…
Jan 18, 22 11:13 AM
There are a few factors that determine how long bunion surgery takes to heal. The first and most important is the type of bunion procedure being performed. In its simplest form, bunion surgery may con…
Jan 17, 22 02:58 PM
The key factors here is the amount of displacement and the direction that the distal end of the metatarsal is directed as a result of the fracture. The distal end being the part of the bone closest to…
Jan 16, 22 10:26 AM
The rate at which any nail grows is proportional to the amount of blood coming into the growth plate of the nail. The nail matrix or growth plate is the part of the nail just under the skin at the bac…