Not what you're looking for? CLICK HERE INSTEAD

Follow-up to Deb's 1st question

RE: treatment for posterior tibiallis pain in my feet and possible tarsal tunnel pain related to collapsed arches as mentioned in my 1st question and your answer: What treatment is available beyond orthotics? How can these problems be diagnosed? Thank you again very much for your help!


Well, if the problem is from poorly structured foot/feet, then your only options are orthotics or surgery for both conditions. You are looking to put your feet back in a more normal alignment.
Having said that, cortisone injections might work for tarsal tunnel, but as long as the foot is excessively pronated, results would probably be short lived.
Same is true with physical therapy. You might get some relief, but if you do not fix the underlying problem, long term relief is probably not possible.

Marc Mitnick DPM

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask the doctor.